Games Played This Week
Sunday August 3rd: Giants @ Bills HoF Game
Final score (Not that it matters): Giants 17, Bills 14
Week 1 grade: D
The team we are most interested to watch this season rightly played the very first official game, and will also play one extra pre-season game.
Judging from what we witnessed EJ Manuel will need the extra game for sure. However, it was game one, let’s not panic yet. There is ample amount of time for Marrone to get this ship sailing smoothly before Sept. 7th
- Bills DL: following a very good season a year ago, this unit once again looked formidable. A good sign for the Bills.
- Jeff Tuel, the kid played very well and he has now established himself as the first replacement for EJ Manuel
- Linebackers, the loss of Kiko maybe more damaging than expected
- OL was ok, it needs to be better
- Secondary, even without Byrd the unit was no spectacular, but not bad either
- Running back position was good and it remains good, they will need a serious step up to be considered on the rise, but as good as there is.
- EJ Manuel did nothing to make us believe that he can lead this team to a winning record. It was obvious that the Giants were reading him easily, he could have been intercepted twice in a short stint. The season’s success is resting in his hands, he better step it up because frankly at this point Tuel looks more legit.
- Sammy Watkins, the kid better deliver, if not this pick will get everyone fired. He was easily bumped out of his run. His abilities are without question there, but can he bring them out on time to help this team win?
Friday @ 111 am: reviewing and grading the Patriots and Jets games
Monday @ 10 am: reviewing and grading the Dolphins & Bills games