(second game in Pre-Season)
Thurday August 8th Bills @ Panthers
Final score (Not that it matters): Bills 20, Panthers 18
Week 2 grade: B
After the HoF fiasco, I was hoping to see the Bills rebound, especially second year QB EJ Manuel, he did. EJ must continue to improve while developing a good partnership with top pick Sammy Watkins. Very good signs from the defense as well, started out slow but finished their night on a high.
- EJ Manuel, big step forward for EJ, he looked much more poised, Wasn’t able to generate many points, but that should come with time. They did manage two red-zone drives.
- Sammy Watkins, the electrifying young receiver finally showed up and contributed. His routes were much crisper and his connection with EJ was much more evident.
- Bills Defense, in both games the defense has looked sharp, expect for LB. Because of the new faces and loss of Kiko, it may take longer for this unit to shine.
- Jeff Tuel continues to look good but not impress as he fights Thad Lewis to back up EJ
- Offensive Line is an absolute mess and a ongoing project. The line doesn’t appear anywhere near ready for game 1. Cordy Glenn may be back soon and that should help.
Friday August 8th Dolphins @Falcons
Final score (Not that it matters): Dolphins 10, Falcons 16
Week 1 grade: B+
The new look Miami Offense looked good on week 1. Tannehill was sharp, and looked quicker. The OL held well, it remains to be seen how well it will when defenses actually game plan, but for one week they deserved a, A.
- Ryan Tannehill, the young man in his third year looked poised and made the right decisions. He marched downfield almost at will, was not sacked.
- Offensive Line, for one week this new group did very well and protected Tanney.
- Return Specialist Jarvis Landry looked spectacular in his attempts
- Special Teams looks ahead of schedule and that should be a good sign
- Defense, it appeared as if the Falcons could do anything they wanted Friday night. Defense is obviously not preparing the way the offense does, but Miami must be careful to not expect to turn on the engines at will.