Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers
Where: Pittsburgh. Some large stadium there.
When: 8:20 pm, NBC. Tonight. Where have you been?
The AFC North’s perennial grudge match renews with the Ravens and Steelers, who each have had challenges in 2018. Can the Steelers continue to generate offense without running back Le’Veon Bell? Can the Ravens’ defense continue to justify their #1 ranking?
- Attack offensively at every level. The Steelers’ defense has proven vulnerable in all areas, so anything goes. Open the playbook, such as it is.
- Stay in passing formations on defense. All day. It’s no secret that the Steelers, without Bell, will lean heavily on their wideouts to move the ball.
- Play for the win. This is especially true if they establish an early lead. While the Ravens’ defense has yet to allow a second half touchdown, the Steelers are the sort of team that can score in bunches…anytime.
- Run running back James Connor heavily. It’s a proven tactic against Baltimore’s beefy defensive front. Large guys get tired if pressed.
- It’s almost pointless to mention it, but throw the ball to wideout Antonio Brown, who’s made a living torturing the Ravens’ secondary. Today should be no different.
- Watch the tight ends. All of them. The Ravens will employ a number of two and three tight end sets, as quarterback Joe Flacco likes bigger targets.
Final: Ravens 24, Steelers 27